Quincy Catholic Schools Seeks Chief Administrative Officer
Start Date: 8/1/23
The Quincy Catholic Schools seeks a Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to execute the vision and lead the efforts to unite Quincy’s four existing parochial elementary schools into a unified school system in collaboration with the Diocese of Springfield and the newly formed local governance bodies. The CAO is the chief executive of the school system and oversees leadership members at each campus.
The CAO is the visionary leader of the school who ensures excellence of operation and stewards future growth. S/he is ultimately responsible for the religious, educational, financial, and enrollment strength of the school. In partnership with the Pastor, Principals, and Board of Specified Jurisdiction, the CAO envisions, plans, and prepares for the system’s future; secures the financial resources needed for the system’s success; fosters enrollment growth through sponsoring parishes and broader geographic area; engages the school community and aims for strong levels of student and faculty retention; ensures the system’s ongoing commitment to faith formation and academic excellence; and is a visible leader within the community.
For the role of CAO, the ideal candidate is:
- A practicing Catholic who can animate and lead the religious mission of QCS.
- A strategic thinker, who envisions and plans QCS’s future and energizes the community to realize that future.
- A superb communicator who inspires QCS’s constituencies and can support and build community culture.
- A collaborative leader who effectively directs and supports others’ efforts, giving them authority to lead and room to grow, and who seeks and accepts advice from stakeholders.
- A fundraiser who effectively leads fundraising efforts.
- An effective manager and leader with demonstrated success in overseeing numerous, diverse functions including development, enrollment, retention, and operations.
Degrees and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, finance, or other appropriate field.
- Minimum five years of organizational financial management experience.
- Minimum five years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in education or not-for-profit organization is a plus.
Email materials below to Brandi Borries, Superintendent of Schools for the Diocese of Springfield, at BBorries@dio.org by June 5, 2023. Include as a PDF attachment the following:
- Cover letter explaining interest in and qualifications to be CAO of QCS.
- A current resume, including phone number and email address.